County Louth Links to Further Research
General Register Office (GRO)
The General Register Office (GRO) in Dublin was established under the Civil Registration (Ireland) Acts, 1844 and 1863 with the function to register births, marriages and deaths throughout Ireland and to provide certification of such. It also provided a public search facility in Dublin.
Presently access to the records (Indexes & Registration detail) of Births, Marriages and Deaths for all Ireland up to 1922 is only available through the General Register Office in Dublin. However, the Family History Centres of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (Mormons) have the Indexes to circa 1950 and some early Registration details on microfilm available in Ireland and overseas.
County Louth Library
- All English Records.com This is a great new site for County Louth Ireland genealogy.
- The Olive Tree Genealogy A fantastic site for Genealogy
- Black Sheep Ancestors.com A new site with lots of links to help you find your Baaaad ancestors
- The Genealogy Spot.com
- The Ireland CMC Genealogy Record Project
The letters "CMC" in the project name represent what we collect and display. They stand for Christening, Marriage, and Cemetery, as well as death records. The primary focus of the collection efforts are directed toward the 19th century time period. The individual county entrance pages explains this in greater detail.
- Ireland Genealogical Projects main page with links to other counties and Irish Genealogical Research Projects.
- The IreAtlas Townland Data Base
Most likely you are searching for your ancestors in more than one county in Ireland. If you know the Townland and would like to know the county or if you know the county and would like a listing of the Townlands.
- RootsWeb Surname Lists
Almost 1 million surnames. If your Surname is not listed you can start a list.
For researchers new to the Internet and to Genealogy. Fondly called "newbies".
- Ireland GenWeb Project, County Louth
Additional information about researching your ancestors in County Louth, IRE
- GENUKI - County Louth
The Genealogy in the United Kingdom and Ireland County Louth website.
- National Archives of Ireland
holds many of the records which are relevant to Irish genealogy and family history.
- General Register Office
for genealogical research for births, marriages and deaths.
- The Irish Ancestral Research Association
TIARA is a nonprofit organization established to develop and promote the growth, study and exchange of ideas among people and organizations interested in Irish genealogical and historical research and education.
- Transportation Records for 1791 to 1868, details of those transported to Australia extracted from records held in the National Archives which can be searched on line.
Bulletin Boards and mailing lists
Related County Louth Resources
Graham Jaunay's On-line Irish Names Research Directory
Irish Family History Foundation for your Irish roots.